Name:
Location: SULLY, Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I have worked as a professional artist and poet for many years and often exhibit a related mix of poems, short stories and paintings.Main subjects are industrial images and townscapes. Much of my work is dislplayed on a range of blogs.It is simply a matter of pictures by paint and pictures by word. I see little difference between one medium and the other.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Train Journey by Hanah Gray
It’s cold and the air I breathe turns to clouds of dust
We sit alone staring at the tracks
Waiting for our train to take us to separate destinations

The train approaches, smoothly, silently and chugs along the track

A silent carriage, silent people, heads lulling forward in silent sleep

Intermittent rings of phones and the rumble of music drowns people’s ears,
polluting the stuffy air with noise

Screens of green flow past me and a murky damp sky loom’s over my head

In their standard seats, men on laptops looking important in Asda check shirts

The chavs with their bottles of coke chat loudly to mates in trainers, hoodies and
bad accents. Swearing loudly about their “missus” who goes dancing everynight.

The train slows down and my heart sounds in my chest like the excitable screech
of breakes. I drag my blue airline bag off into the damp cold clear air and walk
quickly with the traffic to go and receive my kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home